“How Lyric-Less Storytelling Can Transform Your Songs Into Audience Magnets Step-By-Step”
Tell me something (and please be honest here):
- Are you scared shitless of not being able to make a living with your music? Of not being able to support a family or pay off your debts and rent?
- What if it turns out that your songs aren’t good enough? What if no one “gets” your music? Or worse: What if no one even hears your songs?
- What if you fail? What if you have to admit to yourself that being a professional songwriter just isn’t cut out for you? What if you have to work at Burger King for the rest of your life?
- What would your friends say? What would your parents say? What would those guys from high school who always doubted you say?
- What would it mean to you?
These are some of the questions that haunted me back when I started my songwriting studies. All bridges were burned, no way back, I was doing this. My life was about music now.
Here’s My Story…
Of course, everyone had told me I shouldn’t. Artists starve, everyone knows that. But I believed in my songs, KNEW I could do it if I tried hard enough. I had been writing songs for various bands for the past 5 years. I felt confident.
But then I met the other students. And I realized I wasn’t as great a songwriter as I had thought. I might’ve been the best from everyone I knew back in my home town, but here…
“If I’m not even the best songwriter in the ROOM, how am I gonna be the best songwriter in the WORLD? How would I ever get a chance to work with the megastars I wanted to work with so badly?”
This hit me hard. All of a sudden, my dreams seemed destroyed. I was going to die an insignificant, lonely death, humilated and ashamed. I felt like a loser.
But then one day, SOMETHING HAPPENED. We had a guest lesson from a hit songwriter/producer. We all showed him our songs and got our feedback. The guy listened (usually until the second verse), stopped the song and began with his feedback.
Then we got to my song. And something strange happened: He didn’t stop the recording. The whole class listened to the entire song.
When it was over, nobody said a word, the song still hanging in the air. Even the producer was quiet for another couple of seconds (which felt like minutes) before he said “Wow…”
(By the way, my song wasn’t even overly short – quite the contrary actually, it was over 4,5 minutes. And it certainly wasn’t my production skills either – I was definitely the worst producer in the class)
There was something about that song. I didn’t know it then, but in my five autodidactic years before my studies I had taught myself an approach to songwriting that none of my colleagues knew about.
I never saw this approach anywhere else, but I heard it in literally every hit song of the past 25 years. Without knowing it, I had found a rule of hit songwriting.
It has been my secret ever since and I now use it systematically to captivate my audience. I call this technique “Lyric-Less Storytelling”.
The first time I consciously used Lyric-Less Storytelling in a song, I immediately won an award with it (two years in a row, actually). And after that, everything happened rather quickly:
My music went to Cannes Film Festival, I played HUGE festivals in front of over 100,000 people, performed on prime-time television, wrote for Ubisoft, Apple and ADT Security and now I work with the great Erwin Steijlen, who has written for Pink and Shakira (By the way, I’m 26).
Look, I don’t mean to brag, but I want to show you that this actually works. Using Lyric-Less Storytelling in your songs will give you a clear advantage over 99.9% of the writers out there.
And it’s not some weird “breathe through your third eye” mumbo jumbo either. This is a practical, easy-to-use technique you can use today.
When I first taught this technique to a friend, she was so excited she immediately told me to put it in a book. I was reluctant at first but she kept pushing. And what began as a favor slowly turned into a fascinating ride.
And now, a couple years later, I can show you the results in my book “the Addiction Formula”. I call it that because that’s exactly what it is to me: A secret formula for making an audience grow addicted to your songs.
So This Is About Hook-Writing, Then?
Actually, far from it. Captivating an audience has nothing to do with hooks. This is a common misconception amongst songwriters, but
Hooks don’t actually hook.
Read that sentence again, because it is important: Hooks don’t hook. Why do you think A&Rs only listen to the first 15 seconds of a song to see if they can sell it? They turn your song off before they even HEAR your hook! They are listening for Production, Up-To-Date-Ness and… Lyric-Less Storytelling.
Here Are Some Of The Secrets You Will Learn Inside:
- How to write that certain kind of addictive song that turns listeners into fans and fans into BUYERS – p.50-69
- Learn the most popular form in the world and how the best songwriters use it. This is a master class in writing the perfect pop song – p.70-96
- The new face of lyrics and why thinking about them the old way makes it so hard for you to come up with something great – p.165-187
- How production has woven its way into modern songwriting and how to use it to make your songs STAND OUT – p.188-197
- Learn my most valuable tools when writing a hit song: hype, tension & implied tension – p.43, 44-46, 110-115
- How your workflow is screwing up your results and what to do instead – p.25-31
- Learn how Hollywood has been captivating its audiences for DECADES and how this principle can be used in songwriting – p.70-81
- How to create your own, original techniques that you can use in a song TODAY (this is the only songwriting book in the world teaching this) – p.202-205
- How to use the Addiction Formula in 10 simple steps – p.210-214
- A psychological tactic you can use in any song to make it INSTANTLY appealing to any audience – p.34-38
- The MAGICAL bond of space and implied tension when writing a melody that will keep your audience on the edge of their seats – p.142-143
- How to write lyrics for 2nd verses EASY and without wasting time – p.179-187
- How to keep your audience’s attention during the most boring section of every song: the second verse – p.114-115
- Learn the 10 most popular chords in hit songs and how to use them effectively in a section -p.118-122
- How to use Broken Flow and Contrary Movement to write some of the coolest drum tracks you’ve ever heard – p.128-129
- A KILLER arrangement technique to sending your song’s energy through the roof – p.133-135
- How the 5 vocal modes are used in modern hit writing – p.136-138
- The 4 vocal effects your singer can use to DRAMATICALLY increase the addiction factor of your song – p.138-139
- How to write engaging parts for guitar & bass, using its 9 picking styles, 11 modes and 12 natural effects – p.145-153
- The 7 drum modes and 4 playing styles you can use to write a drum part your drummer will enjoy playing – p.157-161
- How the Pareto Principle can be used to write better lyrics – p.171-172
- How to match up your song’s energy levels with your lyrics – p.165-167
- How to figure out your song’s power positions using the 1-2-3 rule – p.167-170
- Why telling a story with lyrics is not as strong as using structural tension – p.172-176
- Be able to tell if a lyric uses structural tension from across the room – p.178-179
- How to write lyrics EFFORTLESSLY and step-by-step – p.179-187
- How Layering, Compression, Filters, Chorusses, Distortion, Volume Automation, Stereo Enhancing Effects, SFX and Delays can be used creatively in songwriting – p.189-195
- In fact, how ANY plugin can become a valuable tool in your songwriting tool box – p.205
- Figure out when to end or begin a section with the 1-2-3 rule – p.53-56
- The 3 key reasons why your audience turns off your songs and when – p.207-209
And the best part is, If you don’t want to wait for this book to come in the mail, you can download it to your computer right now for only $24:
So what is this book all about?
- It is NOT another book with random songwriting techniques. If you’re looking for another “quick fix”, you’re in the wrong place. The Addiction Formula describes a new, holistic approach to writing that will literally transform your songs into audience magnets.
- It is NOT another book on hooks or creativity. This is all everyone seems to be writing about. Unforntunately, most of what you read is either shallow or so in-depth that it loses all connection to practice.
- It is NOT another book teaching you what a pre-chorus is. I can’t even count the amount of times I read this in a book. I KNOW WHAT A PRE-CHORUS IS, stop treating me like a child who’s never written a song before.
- It is NOT another book giving you rules that can always be broken. How many times have you heard something like ”A hook is always the highest in pitch… well, not always, there’s exceptions of course”. What kind of a rule is THAT? The Addiction Formula focuses on a principle that has been used in every hit song of the past 25 years, no exceptions.
- It is NOT another book using techniques & examples from the 60s. This is still bugging the hell out of me: There seems to be not one modern songwriting book out there. Everyone keeps talking about Gladys Knight and the Beatles. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Beatles, but they wrote songs TWO GENERATIONS AGO!
This book is not for you if…
- You’re already selling songs like crazy. Hey, don’t fix what ain’t broke. If you are already making a living off of writing and selling songs, you probably won’t need this book. But if you’re interested in improving your songs even further and how to make them virtually irresistible then I highly recommend checking it out. You will love what you learn in Part I of this book!
- Songwriting is just a hobby for you (like knitting). If you’re just writing songs for yourself and you don’t care what anyone else thinks or if your songs turn out great, then you won’t need this book. If however music is your life and you have the drive to become the best songwriter the world has ever seen then I know that this book will become an important step on the way there for you and I highly recommend trying out the technique.
- You’ve never written a song before. If you’re trying to figure out how to write your first songs, this book is going way, way too far for you. In the beginning, just write. Listen to songs and see what other artists are doing and start out just copying what they do (try a different artist each time). After a while, your songs will get better naturally.
On the other hand, there are certain “chronic” problems songwriters have that don’t EVER “just go away”…
Read through the list below …and if you find that you have experienced ANY ONE of these problems, I highly recommend to grab this book right now.
However… if while going through this list you realize that you have experienced more than one of these “chronic diseases” that are almost impossible to shake… you NEED to get this program immediately.
You Need To Get This Book IMMEDIATELY If…
- Your songs don’t sell and you don’t get the respect you deserve. With the subtle, psychological triggers that come with the Addiction Formula your songs will stand out and speak to your listeners on a deep, subconscious level. They won’t know what hit ‘em!
- You have learned a technique or approach …but for some reason it didn’t work for YOU. My teaching style is targeted at helping you implement what you learn immediately. Moreover, after reading Part I of the book, your whole view on songwriting will change so that your writing style becomes more addictive AUTOMATICALLY.
- It takes you forever to write a song. The Addiction Formula comes with a 10 step process that will severely increase your productivity so you can write songs within a day (AT NO QUALITY LOSS!)
- You think that if you just had a great hook all your problems would be solved.
- Friends tell you that your songs sound like a lot of other stuff that’s already out there. In the book you will find a 4-step technique to building your own, unique techniques. This is the only songwriting book in the world that does this.
- You are having problems writing strong, memorable pop songs. With the in-depth explanations on the “Hollywood Structure” taught in the book, you will be able to write the perfect pop song.
- You have had some HIT & MISS SUCCESSES but you haven’t figured out a reliable method yet that gets you there every time.
- You can only write when you’re not tired or uninspired. All the techniques given in this book can be used ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Once you understand the approach, you will be able to turn any song addictive without even thinking about it. This is invaluable when you have to make a deadline!
Remember what’s at stake here:
OPTION A (You DON’T Get The Book):
If your audience doesn’t get hooked by your music, they will NOT listen to your entire song, which means they will NOT even HEAR your hook, which means they never even get to the best part, which means they will NOT hum your song in the car, which means they will NOT come back to it, which means they will NOT buy it and they will NOT tell their friends about it.
In other words, you will die alone with your cats 😉
OPTION B (You DO Get The Book):
However, with the Addiction Formula, your listeners WILL be intrigued to hear your entire song, they WILL hear your hook, they WILL hum your song in the car, which means it’s very likely that they WILL come back to it, tell their friends about it and buy it!
You tell me which will pay the bills.
Get it NOW:
– Friedemann Findeisen
PS: Let me ask you this: What if this knowledge helps you write just ONE captivating, memorable song with hit potential? Just ONE. What would that be worth to you?
Now ask yourself: What if there’s even a chance that this book can actually teach you how to write one commercial song after another? What if you really can learn how to add the addictive gene to any song you wish and get this part of your life handled for good?
How much would that be worth to you? A thousand dollars? Ten thousand? More? For most songwriters I know, it would be priceless.
Just the POSSIBILITY of having this kind of success with your songwriting would be worth the investment. I personally invested over ten years and thousands of dollars to learn how to be successful with my songs.
I wish that I would have been able to buy this knowledge, insight and experience for $27 when I started. And I know that you’ll be glad you made the investment in yourself once you have your first success after reading it.
This much is for sure: For the rest of your career your songwriting skills will be the biggest factor in whether you make it or fail. Some day your song might be playing on the radio, or on a huge festival in front of thousands of people.
The question is: Do you want to captivate and win new fans or provide backing music to conversations? Are you going to let each of these opportunities slip by and never know what might have happened?
And one more thing…
After studying behavior for many years, I know one thing: If you don’t make the decision to get this part of your life handled RIGHT NOW, there’s a very very small chance that you’re going to do anything about it in the future.
Make a decision NOW:
“This Is A Special Book! Today’s biggest bands and artists all have something in common and Friedemann unravels this secret in his own, fascinating way. He combines storytelling in movies with lyric writing and song build. The analysing goes deep and the tools are useful and inspiring. Highly recommended”
– Erwin Steijlen (Songwriter Pink, Shakira)
“A Revelation! [This book] explains the techniques behind the great pop songs with great humor, clarity and tons of visual and auditory examples. Expect lots of “aha!” moments. Once you know the rules, the fun really begins and this book lays them out in the clearest way possible”
– Benjamin Samama (Topline Writer, Berklee Teacher)
“Fresh & Easy To Read! Friedemann makes his case not by rehashing (often) “dry” theory, but by providing clear visual and linguistic examples that speak most effectively to 21st Century songwriters (along with plenty of references to recent hit songs)”
– Tom Salisbury (Grammy-Award Winning Arranger)
“The New Way Of Encoding Hit Songwriting! This book reveals the secrets to hit songwriting in a logical and unique way. While most books give you rules that can always be broken, this book goes for the root of the problem and shows you how to write songs on the highest level. This is the new way of encoding hit songwriting”
– Jobassa (Performing Artist)
“This Is KILLING Me! Friedemann strikes completely new paths by throwing music, arrangement, lyrics and production into the storytelling pot. Forget yesterday’s songwriting and all idols you’re trying to imitate. This book describes a new, up & coming, not yet conceivable, maybe not even born generation of songwriters”
– Kolibeat (Performing Artist)
“It Just Makes Sense! Songwriters, you are going to inhale this book. The beauty of it is that it just makes sense, which makes it so easy to understand”
– Julius Meltzer (Composer, Songwriter)
“Great book! Friedemann explains his discoveries for writing hit songs in a very clear way, so every songwriter can grasp these concepts. [The Addiction Formula] gives you a roadmap which guides you through the writing of a hit song, and you can use these tools to create your own unique style while still sticking with the formula. So no matter what genre, this is the book for you”
– Luigi Nabuurs (Songwriter)